Thursday, July 07, 2005

Terrorist attack on London

It has been a very depressing morning and I don't really know what to say about the breaking news of terrorist explosions in London. I must admit that I have rather dreaded something like this, as so many of us have, since 9/11 and Madrid. I was due to meet two people from Continuum this morning to talk about the Library of New Testament Studies and after something of a wait, I was relieved to hear that they were both OK and had made their way back to their office in London, though of course they'd been unable to get out of London to Birmingham. For what it's worth, I thought Tony Blair hit exactly the right note in his statement at lunchtime.

3 comments:

Michael said...

My heart sank at hearing the news on the radio this morning. We're praying for the UK.

Anonymous said...

Yes Tony blair does come across well in times of trouble, however, its because of his policies or lack of them, and his lawyer minded cronies, that dangerous and known terrorists have infiltrated our cities here in the UK - knowing their 'rights' and just biding their time to wreak their havoc. Tony Blair has blood on his hands, he took no advice from Security, he wanted those in guantanamo bay back, free with no charges brought. Think about it.

crystal said...

My sympathies to those hurt/killed, and their families. I have a few friends in the UK - fortunately, all are ok.