Tuesday, August 22, 2006

SBL Midatlantic Region

The Midatlantic Region of the Society of Biblical Literature has announced their plenary speaker for 2007 and it is . . . me! I am grateful for the invitation to speak. It's the first time I've been asked to do a plenary at a conference so I feel very honoured. I have been asked to talk about Q and the Synoptic Problem, so I am going to have to do some thinking about that topic before next March. The meeting is on March 1-2 2007 at the Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys, 5100 Falls Road, Baltimore, Maryland 21210. Apparently more details are to follow.

4 comments:

Jim said...

Congrats Mark!

But you live in the Southeastern Region....

Although I suppose it's ok for outer regions to poach on our gifted scholars- especially if they don't have any. It's still a bit diconcerting. What next? Will they ask you to move to their region? What an insidious plan......

;-)

Michael said...

You'd best study up on that topic. It will be quite new to you.

Michael Pahl said...

Sounds great! I wish I could be there for it, but Baltimore is a little outside my normal commuting distance...

Anonymous said...

Great news, Mark. Looking forward to your presentation.