Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Problems with my web materials hosted at Duke

Since the beginning of the week, Duke has been having major problems with its web servers. Many of its pages are offline, including our departmental website. Most of my own academic web materials, my homepage, the Case Against Q website, the Way Through the Maze site, the Aseneth pages, all these are currently offline. I have to express some frustration at this scenario. When I moved these sorts of materials to the old NTGateway.com site back in 1999, it was largely because of frustration with the University of Birmingham web servers. I imagined that Duke's web servers would be stronger, but apparently not. At present, there are no reassurances about when a stable service will return, e.g. the Office of Information Technology is saying, "At this point, we are unable to estimate when services will be fully restored and fully stable." I am therefore planning on moving my own pages as soon as possible. Updates here as soon as they are available.

No comments: